Friday, October 9, 2009

My (more or less) Current Bookshelf

Ok, so, some people are wondering, ok, not really, who am I trying to kid?  Ok, I’d like to brag about the books I’ve actually read on my current bookshelf or playlist.  Seriously, anyone is free to borrow any of them.  To be clear, these are from the last couple of years (2).

Economics” the new one by Nobel Prize winning economic advisor to the anointed one, the $200+ book I HAD to buy for my ECON2105 – Macro Economics class, the “AARA”, “Bad Money”, “The Long Tail”, “The Tipping Point”, “Outliers”, “Wikinomics”, “Freakonomics”, “The Wisdom of Crowds”, “Invisible Engines”, “Paying with Plastic”, “The Wealth of Nations”, “Made to Stick”, “The 10 Faces of Innovation”, “Love is the Killer App”, “Capitalist China”, “International Payments”, “Enterprise Architecture as Strategy”, “The Business Analysts’ Handbook”, “UML for the IT Business Analyst”, “Code Complete 2nd Edition”, “Listening to the Future” (Scenario Planning), “SOA in Practice”, “The World is Flat” and “Hot, Flat and Crowded”, “The Inmates are running the Asylum”, “The Search”, “Ambient Findability”, “1776”, “Benjamin Franklin”, “American Lion” (Andrew Jackson), “John Adams”, Glen Beck’s “Common Sense” and '”Einstein: His Life and Universe”.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA, aka “The Stimulus”) was a dramatic action designed to quickly stimulate an economic recovery in the United States.  By many reports it was “bulldozed through” without much deliberation, or in some cases, even a thorough reading.

Now having read -- or more correctly with the exception of Freakonomics which I read in 2 days -- having listened to the above books over the last year,  and from the perspective of a new student of economics in general, Macro economics in particular, I’m being awakened to the jarring reality that we really are in big economic trouble.  And while “Rush” (lrushbau, not the band) really generally annoys me with his pompousness and high and mighty attitude, and Hannity tends more toward Rush than he does Beck, I am a sick twisted freak somewhere in between Dennis Miller and Glen Beck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers